Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Marshmallow vegan and gluten free cake






 So, first I made the Betty Crocker gluten free cake mix with the egg substitute, it comes in box, to make it vegan.  After pouring in the cake mix in the pan ready to be baked, I put vegan marshmallows on top. I didn't know if this would turn out or not, but hey, what's the risk? I am not baking for the Queen of England here.



This is how it turned out.

Then onto the vegan icing. 



I used Earth balance with coco, and icing sugar.

Really, it's a no fail recipe. I took 3 large spoonfuls and without even measuring I just poured in a bunch of icing sugar and 2 spoonfuls of coco. Tasted it and then made adjustments....I put more icing sugar in. 

It was hard to mix in my mixer at the start. I ended up putting a bit of chocolate almond milk in it to smooth it out.  But ohhhhh, yuuummmmyyyyy!!

Some people really get stressed out with feeling they need to make food perfect, or follow the directions exactly. You really don't. After years of cooking, you get an idea of what is essential in a recipe and what isn't. But really...just have fun, experiment, and eat up!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment