Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Calzones, gluen free - vegan style.






Ok, it doesn't really look like a calzone...but it tasted great!

It also took much longer than just making a normal pizza. It added variety to our typical pizza, but I don't know if it was really worth it. The dough was actually softer then what it looks like in the picture.


I used the same pizza dough mix from Red Mill's that I use for our weekly pizza nights. I made three "base" pizza doughs. I baked them and then did the same for the tops. I just rolled the top layers with a rolling pin and made them super thin.

** I also find that I need to add GF flour on the side to add as I need to.

In addition to the pizza dough I added:

Hemp hearts - loaded with iron, zinc and other minerals.
Flax seed - loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids



I made a smaller square pizza in case my kids didn't want to eat the calzone...have I mentioned they can be picky!



On the base I spread my sauce and added my veggies. I then put the baked top on top and brushed it with oil, garlic spice, oregano and Daiya cheese.



I then just put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and it was done.


I also made a salad to go with the pizza.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment