Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Channa Masala but with beans- vegan, gluten free and soy free






Everyone's life is busy and sometimes putting food on the table can be just plain crazy. My kids HATE beans, I love beans and my husband tolerates them. So while I had a separate dish in the oven for them, I had this on the stove, and the kids were playing outside in the backyard with all of the other neighbor kids and I was popping in and out. This dish is really a dish you don't need to pay attention to while it's cooking.


First just get the ingredients into a pan.

1) Rinsed white kidney beans from a can
2) Chopped red onion
3) Fresh cilantro




4) Add some tomatoes 
5) 1-2 cloves of garlic
6) Put in some olive oil (1-2 tbsp)
7) Add your spice mix 3 tbsp
8) To make it creamy I added 1/4 cup of ketchup

I had it cook for about 15-20 to soften the beans and let the flavors blend. 

This mix is a popular mix and can be found at many common grocery stores. It is typically made with chickpeas but you can really just add the spice to anything. It's yummy!













I made a mixture of brown rice and Quinoa. I always make tons of this when I make it and use it with other meals through out the week.

My husband liked having Tofutti sour cream with this, and pita bread.
 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment