Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Healthy dinner idea - Vegan
I am trying to think of a title for this meal...but don't' really know what to call it other than my dinner.
I had frozen spaghetti sauce in the freezer, so I made the kids and hubby spaghetti for dinner, but I wasn't in the mood.
I had to come up with something that was pretty easy to make, as it was my son's baseball game night.
I used up leftovers that I had in the fridge (mashed sweet potato, and the roasted cauliflower)
The rest of the veggies were just sauteed and I like my veggies crisp so it really didn't take long at all. The rest of the ingredients I already had at home and were easily accessible. It was a quick and filling meal to put together while the sauce was heating up and the spaghetti noodles were cooking.
1 red onion
Cauliflower (these were leftover from last night - they were roasted in the oven)
Sun-dried tomatoes (1 spoonful from a jar)
2 tbsp Garlic
1 tbsp Sesame seed oil
1 cup chopped cilantro
3/4 cup of mixed seeds
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp crushed walnuts
1. I Cooked the onions and carrots first, with the garlic, oil, sundried tomatoes
2. After the onions were cooked I added the mixed seeds and chopped cilantro
3. While that was cooking I was chopping the broccoli and I poured in the cauliflower and broccoli in the pan
4. I really just let it cook long enough to let the broccoli soften a bit and get hot.
5. If anything started to stick I just poured in a bit of water and stirred.
6. I heated up the sweet potato and put a bit of brown sugar and crushed walnuts on top and then poured on my veggies.
Meals full of colour are always tasty,