Thursday, 3 May 2012

Chili (Vegan, Gluten free, soy free)


I made this chili while I was sleeping. Ok, I didn't make it my slow cooker did.

First I soaked my beans and lentils. They came as a big mix that I bought from Cosco. They need to be soaking for about 12 hours. So, I started soaking them early in the morning. Just pour them in cold water, that's it. :)




Later that night after the kids went to bed...

In my slow cooker I added:

Ingridents
2 cans of diced tomatoes
Soaked bean mix
1 chopped onion
4 tbsp of chilli powder
2 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of salt (optional)
3 slices of hot pepper (optional)

 

I set my slow cooker on low for 10 hours



I woke up to the smell of chilli in the morning. :) I let it cool while I was making the kids lunches and breakfasts and then put it into containers for a quick dinner later that night.





Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment