Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Vegan taco bake

Who has picky eaters at home? I do I do

Who is worse? your kids or your husband? Ahhh good question.

 I made this for dinner last night. My husband's response was...mmm this is good. I am actually going to full after this meal. 


First lay down some taco shells. Break them in half.


Add some small bits of kale, green onion, and hot peppers. (Hot peppers in a jar are a great easy item to just always keep in the fridge. They can be added to lots of meals to add some kick.) 


Spoon the vegan ground "meat". I heated it up with taco spice. It took 2 min. To make this soy free you can add chickpeas or beans.


Add Daiya vegan cheese and tomatoes


Add salsa and melt in the oven. The kale doesn't get mushy. Any exposed green parts gets crispy.


I also made rice and steamed broccoli with this meal.

I made another kids friendly version, but they just preferred the rice with their taco meat and steamed broccoli. Kids really just like simple foods.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment