Monday, 23 April 2012

Simple foods: Raw veggies and potato slices


This is a bed of spinach and chopped peppers. I poured a salad dressing over top. My kids like raw veggies, so having a plate of raw veggies on the table is always a hit.

I also put out a plate of raw veggies if dinner is taking longer than it should, or our dinner needs to be later for some reason. If they get hungry waiting, then they can have some veggies. What am I going to say to them..."stop eating your veggies, you'll spoil your dinner".  :-)

These are just potatoes cut into thick or thin slices. They are roasted in the oven with a bit of oil. Roasted on high, don't move them around too much and let the skin get crisp. Then they wont stick. 



These were just side dishes, but easy ones. You want to make a simple dinner just add a bunch of easy side dishes together and let everyone pick what they want.

My leftovers of the raw veggies turned into my lunch day.


Roasted acorn squash. I just sliced it, scooped out the seeds and put it in the oven. No oil needed. Bake at 350C for about 45 min.


You can put anything into squash, soup, leftovers of all sorts. I love eating out of squash because they are warm when you hold them. Ultimate comfort food.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment