Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Gluten free bread and that gluten taste

Don't get too excited. My bread worked but it has that "gluten" taste. It's not a hit and I wont make it again.


I was hopeful.

Here is the list of the type of flours. I wont give you the ingredients because I don't want you to make it. It really isn't worth it.

Brown rice flour
Sorghum flour
Tapioca starch
Potato starch
Flax seeds
Salt
baking powder
baking soda
xanthan gum

oil
coconut yogurt
water


 This is it baked.
Cut open, it looks good...


Taste it warm and with Earth balance and I had to spit it out. It is so gluten.

Lesson learned. There has to be more in it than just gluten free flours or it tastes yucky.

The search continues.

I have to say, that the hard part of baking gluten free bread is that you need a mixture of 5 or 6 different flours. Once you have everything baking it is pretty easy, and much cheaper than store bought bread.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment