Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Delicious gluten free vegan bread

I DID IT!!!!!        I DID ITTTTTT!!!

I just made the most wonderful, soft, fluffy, melt in your mouth gluten free vegan bread. It's warm, and I smoothed on Earth balance margarine and it melted....aaaaahhhhhh.

I did it. Finally.


It tastes even better than it looks.



Here's the kicker.

I didn't measure any of the flours. I can't even give you a detailed recipe.

So I am selling this lovely loaf of bread for $500 a slice because I have no idea if I will be able to re-create it.

aaah. Fun.

Here are the list of the ingredients I put in.

Corn meal
Brown rice flour
Tapioca starch
Arrowroot powder

Amaranth flour
Spelt flour

Baking powder - at least 1 tbsp
Baking soda - at least 1 tbsp
Xanthan gum - at least 1 tbsp

Oil - maybe about 2 tbsp
Almond milk - maybe about 1 cup
Maple syrup- about 3 tbsp

The bread does crumble easily. I would use it as a sandwich bread, but having this as a loaf of bread on the table to eat or have with chili would be just lovely.

Next time I will figure out how to hold it together a bit better, and record my findings...now that I know I am on to something.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment