Thursday, 5 April 2012

Chickpea patties with Daiya cheese

So my son cannot digest diary, wheat, and soy.

When the three of us have a vegan burger I need to defrost beef and cook him something separately. I am wishing I could find a way to make vegan burgers that follow his dietary restrictions, that are tasty and easy to make.I also don't want to buy pre made ones that are super expensive.

So, I talked to another mom in my daughter's class who is also vegan and we were brainstorming ideas.

We came up with chickpeas, since my son love them, with the Daiya cheese to hold them together. Without the egg I have had problems of them falling apart.

So, I gave it a go.



The result is that they fell apart on my too easily. They did hold together but not for long. However, my son ate them. :) But we didn't eat them as burgers we dipped them sauce.

My testing continues.

I have two other ideas. One I am going to add grated potato in them, and the second, I will add more gluten free breadcrumbs or gluten free flours.

They were still yummy.

Ingredients
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup of Daiya cheese
Italian spices (or any spices you like)
Coconut oil(or any oil) for frying

Directions


1. Drain and rinse chickpeas
2. Mash with a potato masher
3. Mix in a bowl the cheese and spices
4. Form balls/patties with your hands (They easily stick together)
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry on each side. (This is when they start to get soft because the cheese is melting)

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment