Wednesday, 7 March 2012

For the adult eaters in the house: warming up food without cooking it

Sometimes you just want your ingredient to be warm but not cook it or it will turn to mush. Here are two examples of that. 

Above is a stir-fry with tofu, wild rice and broccoli in it.

Cooking tip:

I added the avocado in it at the end after I put it on the plate. The heat from the dish warmed up the avocado and made this dish divine.


This was vegan chili that I made in a large quantity and then froze in the freezer in smaller quantities. I added the peppers to it while it was heating up in a pot on the stove.

Cooking tip:

I cut up cabbage in small slices and poured it on top. The heat from the dish warmed up the cabbage but didn't cook it so it was still crunchy. A nice texture to go with the soft beans.

You can also do this with spinach leaves. I hate limp spinach leaves, but I do like them warm, so I do the same with spinach leaves. Really, any green leaf veggie would work.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment