Tuesday, 14 February 2012

What's burning?

If this is your first time reading my blog, PLEASE read my other posts for meal ideas, and for proof that I can cook.

If this isn't your first time reading my blog than please enjoy...

This is the picture of what started out as gluten free croutons for my son.


I had cut his gluten free bread into small pieces and rubbed a bit of oil and Italian spices on them.

Here is what they looked like after I forgot they were in the oven on broil. 



Yes, apparently I still burn food!

But did I give up?

No!

I still had a hungry 4 year old expecting croutons so his salad would look like his Daddy's.

I put another piece of bread in the toaster and changed the toasting level so it was very crispy, and I buttered it with Earth Balance margarine. Cut it up into pieces and it worked! He was happy.  I am sure my croutons wouldn't pass the test on Master Chef, but for last night it worked. :)

This experience reminds me of the many times that I would be cooking dinner when the kids were small and dinner would burn or be nasty because I was completely distracted by the kids. 

For anyone attempting to make croutons...I hope your experience is better than mine. :)

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim.....they look like rocks LOL....Glad Tyler liked your end results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny, it has happened to the best of us, and to those who say it never has, they are lying. Thank-you for keeping it real :)

    ReplyDelete