Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Sticky green beans - beautiful!


Sticky sauce:

Maple syrup - 1 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp (gluten-free)
Garlic - 1 tsp
Cornstarch - just a pinch
Chili paste - 1 tbsp

I added green beans and chickpeas into a wok with the sticky sauce ingredients. After the the green beans were cooked and chickpeas become soft and the sauce become thick and sticky I added in the bean sprouts and tossed for another min or 2. You could sprinkle sesame seeds on it for an added touch of pizazz.

I really liked the added chili paste in it. You don't need it but it added a great kick of flavour.

You could definitely just use the same sauce and do a batch of chickpeas or tofu.

This was kid tested: they both ate the green beans on their plate. :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks sooo yummy, and I have beans in my frig, and chickpeas in the cupboard, guess what I am going to have for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete