Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Pretend chicken vs. lentil soup

So, yet again.  We all ate something different, it all worked, and everyone was happy. :)

This is what I had...
This is a lentil soup. So easy.
When I got home from work I chopped up the veggies add the spices, and let it cook.

Veggies: 1 sweet potato, 1 carrot, 1 parsnips, 1 celery, and 1 onion.
Spices: Dried rosemary, and my favourite veggie spice. 


It didn't take long. Then about 10 min before we ate I added about 1/3 of a can of lentil and some leftover brown rice that we still had in the fridge. Let it cook some more and done.

I offered my soup to the rest of my family and Tyler liked the stock and asked for seconds, but Alex and David didn't want it. They aren't soup lovers like my son and I.



Now this is what the rest of my family ate.

My daughter veggie chicken with hash browns and corn. The hash browns were just put on a baking pan and put in the oven. I didn't have to think much for them. Same with the canned corn. My soup was also at this point, just cooking on it's own. The simulated chicken was also in the oven warming up.

My daughter likes to dip her "pretend" chicken as she calls it, into plum sauce. I gave her the choice to eat chicken like her brother, but she loves these things, and always wants to eat them when David is having his.
For my husband I just warmed up a bun to make it a chicken burger, with lettuce and vegan mayo (vegannaise).



My son first said he didn't want a chicken burger but once he saw Daddy's he quickly changed his mind, and the tears started flowing. So I took out his gluten free bread, cut off the crust, and warmed it up in the microwave.  I put real chicken pieces in-between his bread with some ketchup and he at the whole thing, and more. 

This was a very manageable meal. Everyone ate what they liked and we had very little leftovers. Success!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment