Saturday, 11 February 2012

My latest obsession

I have become obsessed with brussel sprouts and potato noodles. I could eat both items until they are coming out of my ears and last night I combined them. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!




This looks like art.  :)

Ok, so now to the making of...


Cut brussel sprouts, red onion, and add pine nuts. I also shredded some carrot for some added colour.
 For the sauce, I created it on the spot, it has some classic elements. I cooked these yummy veggies in:

sesame seed oil 1 tbsp
olive oil 2 tbsp
lemon juice 1 tbsp
garlic 1 tsp
rice vinegar 2 tsp
soy sauce 1 tbsp
sea salt and pepper to taste
chili dipping sauce (I added it later - depends how spicy you like your food)

I added some water to the dish after it got crispy from cooking just to make it a bit more saucy.

Then I added the noodles that had been soaking in cold water. I added some more soy sauce to the noodles just to change their colour a bit.

I also added some fried tofu at the end. You can marinate your tofu if you like, but I am liking the taste of tofu more and more and to simplify a meal I just add it at the end. It's up to you. I have tofu recipes in my blog if you want the tofu to have more flavour. 

At the end I added my favourite chili dipping sauce on top to just add some extra kick.

I have leftovers for lunch. :) :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment