Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Catching up...lots of photos and ideas

Ok, so I lasted 2 days. I know I said I was only going to blog once a week, but obviously that is not going to happen.

I have so much to tell you!

So, catching up...

Here is one dinner that was a bit hit...

These potato slices were super easy to make. Just slice, rub on some oil, and sprinkle with herbs. Bake on high, 400 for about 20 min, or until are crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside. 

 We all inhaled these and there were no leftovers. You could dip them in sauce or drizzle sauce over them to make them a little fancier.
 This was a meat pie that can very easily be made vegetarian.
 I added ground beef, brown rice (leftover), garlic powder, Italian spice mix, 1 egg, gravy browning sauce, salt, and ketchup on top. Baked these in the oven.

This is what my husband's vegetarian version looked like. Can you tell the difference? His has veggie ground protein, and still one egg. This was pre-veggie piling on.


Mine was a bit of tonight's potatoes with some leftover steamed veggies, shredded veggies, and canned lentils. I sprinkled vegan cheese over top and melted it. IT was so yummy. 
 
I sneaked a photo of my kids meal. They each ate all of their dinner and then asked for seconds...yes they do have holes in their legs. :)

Moving on,

Still more catching up...

When you think the noodles are almost done, throw in some broccoli. You save a pot that you don't have to wash and the noodles are cooked in broccoli nutrient water. Not bad...


This is gluten free (rice noodles), vegan spaghetti (leftover veggie ground protein thrown in the spaghetti sauce)


Still more...

I tried making a gluten free Naan bread. It turned out more like a crape or pancake, but Tyler liked it, so it was a pass for me!
 Potato starch, Tapioca flour, 1 egg, baking soda, water, spices
Cooking in coconut oil...

Now it's done. It was bendy, and didn't fall apart, which is always a risk with rice flour and gluten free stuff. He like it...

This lentil curry was so simple to make and it was on low just keeping warm while I was making everything else...my son couldn't stop eating it. Can you imagine....lentils...he loved it. Woohoo!


This is him grabbing a spoonful and hiding under the table to eat it. Sneaky little one...lol

Third trip..

 Wondering if he could have more...
What a cutie!
This was my meal. Vegan and delicious.

And for dessert...

This was amazing. The cupcake was moist and melt in your mouth and the vegan cream cheese icing was exactly like the dairy version. This icing was actually meant for cinnamon rolls. We just licked it up.

Toffuti cream cheese and double the icing sugar. Whip is up with a blender or hand mixer. I used my Magic Bullet. 

Ok, phew. I think I am done. Wow that was hard....no blogging for 2 days. But as you can tell, I still couldn't stop taking pictures.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment