Thursday, 23 February 2012

The adventures of gluten free & vegan pie dough

This is what I created last minute after my plan fell through


These were delicious and I am definitely making them again. However, I am the only one in my family who thought so. My kids refused to even taste it.


I started out with an experiment. My goal was to create gluten free & vegan samosas. I found the pie pastry dough at choices.

 Most of the ingredients are a listing from what Earth Balance is. It's basically Earth Balance, rice flour, potato starch, other flowers and vegan shortening.

 It molds like dough
 It rolls like dough
 This was my whipped potato and pea mixture. I was not including the spices as I was trying to make this kid friendly.

 Put the two together and you get a beautiful mess.

Beautiful samosas aren't they?

 So then I tried to bake the dough first, but it crumbled when I tried to do anything with it.

So then I added food yeast, a bit of Dijon mustard some salt to the potato mixture and put that into the pie dough lined mini casserole dishes. Let it bake in the oven, and they were soooo good. I ate both of them along with my dinner. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I am doing this again. :)



Now....how to get my kids to eat something like this...I think I'll start with mini pie's.

No comments:

Post a Comment