Thursday, 19 January 2012

What started out as an easy idea...


So for dinner tonight I was going to do veggie burgers. I wanted something that wasn't going to create a lot of dishes to wash, as our dishwasher broke down 2 days ago. However, what started out as an easy idea turned into multiple meals...again.

So, first the story of what I ate. Above are rice noodles in a vegan cheese out of the cook book called Veganomicon: The ultimate vegan cookbook. The only altering I did was add Vegeta spice that I am currently in love with.

Below, these are the brand of rice noodles I like. I find the best price for them and always in stock at the Canadian Super Store in their health food isle. 

 This what the cheese sauce looks like. It's nice and thick.

Then I just threw in some mushrooms 1 tbs of oil, garlic and some dried parsley.

 Add some peppers, toss for a couple of minutes. Then added some bok choy on top to steam.
 It's such a beautiful vegetable, and it's so cheap.
 And...dinner.
Now for the rest of the story.

The veggie burgers turned out to be vegetarian and had dairy and eggs in them. So my husband and my daughter had those. I just put them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven. With the other cooking that I was doing I didn't want to add any more work. My husband really liked the burgers, he said they were crispy on the outside and asked how I had made them. I'll have to do that again next time.

My son who couldn't eat the burgers had leftover ground beef on a rice English Muffin. I thought I had hamburgers in the freezer. Turned out I didn't so Tyler had the gluten free English muffins, my husband and daughter had Naan bread as buns.


The result was that our kitchen was a complete mess. I was feeling a bit crazy while cooking and defrosting and organising everything. However, everyone enjoyed their food, and all left the table full and satisfied. Phew. And thankfully, my husband cleaned the kitchen. Thank you my sweet!

So tonight will be second attempt at an easy meal. I am planning spaghetti.  Who thinks I can do it?

Enjoy! 






1 comment:

  1. I've seen David clean the kitchen up many times....great guy, and sounds like the family had full tummies :)

    ReplyDelete