Wednesday, 25 January 2012

What an odd dinner

 So this is what I ate last night. I had some leftover chickpea and lentil tomato based curry. Boiled potatoes in Earth Balance margarine and salt and pepper. With a stir-fry of some vegetables with Greek spice flavouring I know...what an odd dinner.

The chickpea and lentil dish tasted better to me last night then when I previously tasted it. Sometimes curries can be like that. The longer they sit, the more the flavors mesh together and taste even better.

The stir-fry was completely unplanned, and I just wanted to use up some veggies in the fridge that were in small portions. I also added in a tin of the baby corn. My kids love them, so I knew that the dish would be a hit with them. I on the other hand pick the corn out.

So, in this dish is the baby corn, peppers, mushrooms, tons of pine nuts (yum), Napa cabbage, olive oil, and Greek seasoning that I buy in bulk from Costco.

The potatoes below of course are a hit, a classic, and supper easy and cheap to cook with. 

My kids don't like lentils at all, if anyone has a kid friendly recipe for lentils do share. Until then, they ate taco beef with their potatoes and baby corn. (The listing of the farm where we get our local beef - grass fed, naturally raised, is on my website)

Some exciting news to share, our dishwasher is now working again. We have been without a dishwasher for 7 days and last night it just magically started working again. What a system to wash all of the dishes. I cook a lot! Everyone in my family has hollow legs, so I am so happy it's working again. For those of you who don't use a dishwasher by choice or by simply not having one, my hat goes off to you. Pat yourself on the back. :)

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment