Sunday, 22 January 2012

Tonight's dinner for Chinese New Year

So here are some photo's of dinner for Chinese New Year. The Year of the Dragon. I can't say that everything I made was a success. The best part was the noodles soup. But.... I did try!


At the end I added my favourite seaweed snack.  These things are so good.


I added these cooked gluten free noodles to the soup once my stock was done and we were ready to eat. I love potato starch noodles, they don't turn to mush.

 These spring rolls, supposed to be pot stickers, but I got creative and wondered what I could make. My son appreciated my creativity...but he was the only one. These were before they were put on broil in the oven.
 This was the filling pre cooked, with some oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce -gluten free.

 As I said, the best part was really the noodles soup. (Carrots, onions, celery, vegetable stock, starch noodles, sea weed, little bit of sugar and salt)


We also had rice with various dipping sauces. Having said all of that my husband is out currently with a friend at Boston Pizza. We have different tastes in food. Enough said.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment