Saturday, 14 January 2012

mmmmm pizza

So, who wants some gluten free vegan pizza? I do I do


If you have a child with a gluten/wheat intolerance than ordering pizza on a night that you don't feel like cooking isn't an option. I use preventative actions so that I don't get tired of cooking, and plan a pizza night once a week. It's my night off of cooking...but really I am cooking it's just easier than most nights.

My favourite gluten free pizza dough is from Bob's Red Mill. It's actually chewy and doesn't taste like gluten pizza if you know what I mean.  It's easy to make it vegan with flax seeds and I add Italian spices to the dough.

 My favourite already made pizza crust for an easy lunch option for the kids is from Udi's. I love their brand of gluten free breads, hot dog and hamburger buns and they make killer cookies. The kids love them and more importantly Tyler is willing to eat everything they make. It's great having him be able to participate in things like having a peanut butter sandwich and have a bun with his hotdog like his sister.


The pizza above has vegan "pepperoni" with vegan cheese and peppers. My son has wheat free hotdogs on his pizza. My daughter only likes peppers and cheese on her pizza. Both kids will eat vegan dairy free, soy free cheese. I have a brand I love, but cheese itself deserves it's own post.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment