Sunday, 15 January 2012

Easy rice noodles that clean out the fridge

This dish takes 5 to 10 min. It is my easy clean up meal, as it cleans up the fridge because I use up the bits of veggies that are in small portions floating around fridge.

What makes this meal 5 to 10 min is that I soak the rice noodles for an hour before I toss them in a frying pan or wok.

To start the cooking I chopped up what I had in the fridge. Last night I used Napa cabbage, parsley, peppers, green onion, celery and garlic.

I then added some gluten free soy sauce, toasted sesame seed oil, and Bragg and fried the veggies for a bit.

 Toss in the soaked noodles and stir for 2-3 min until the noodles have soaked up the sauce and they are softer. Keep stirring as they cook, you don't want them to stick to the pan and they wont be cooking for very long. These can turn to mush if cooked for too long.

 Here is the final dish. You can add anything that you want to it in terms of protein, or veggies. My kids love these noodles. They are very easy for them to eat.

They are in the International aisle of our grocery store, and these rice noodles are cheaper than the Italian style of rice noodle.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment