Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Twice baked potato instead of a wheat wrap

I was making my kids fajitas one night and wondered if my son would accept a taco shell instead of a wheat wrap, and then it hit me. Why don't I bake potatoes and scoop out the inside like a twice baked potato recipe and use the potato skin as a "wrap". Then I can use the baked potato filling for later or offer as mashed/baked potatoes as part of the meal and put the chicken, and veggies inside the potato.

Potato skin is really good for you, it's natural, much better than eating a processed wheat wrap. I didn't think that was a too shabby of an idea. Then I was thinking how yummy it would be put a chickpea curry into the potato wrap.  Or Salsa on top of a baked potato. I must be hungry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment