Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Peanut sauce

So I just finished making a peanut sauce. I have seen many different versions of peanut sauces. This one is a spicy version, but you can play around with the measurements of the ingredients. In this sauce I would actually prefer to have put in less soy sauce.

This recipe is from the book Vegan Planet pg 160. I highly recommend the book. I use it a lot!



Ingredients:
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1 tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup of soy sauce - (I would suggest puting half this, maybe 2 tbsp and see if you want to add more)
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp chili paste
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves

In a smal bowl or food processor combine all the ingredients. You can use it now, or cover and store in the fridge for 4 days.




Peanut sauce is great to use as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, or to pour over rice bowls and pasta. Kids can also like to dip celery in the sauce, or any protein that you choose for them. I would just make the sauce as simple as you can and leave out the spicy stuff.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment