Wednesday, 28 December 2011

The lettuce wrap - endless ideas

This was my lunch yesterday. I love lettuce wraps. They are gluten free, super easy, and make anything that you put in them taste good. The lettuce as a wrap is so nice and light, and crispy. It makes your meal look beautiful and I just feel so good eating them.

Inside this one is green onion, Italian parsley, red pepper, left over and warmed vegan chili "meat", vegannaise, and a few spinach leaves. It doesn't look like much but I was full. That's another good thing about wraps.

For those who are gluten free or who want to trim their waistlines and eat less wheat, lettuce wraps can be used for many things.  I use them as a bun for vegan burgers, I just top my burger and wrap it in lettuce. (The gluten free buns have eggs in them) Anything that you would put in a sandwich you can wrap with lettuce. You can put different curries mixed with rice in them too. So yummy!
They are a great way to eat leftovers.

There is also different types of lettuce to add some variety. In an earlier post I showed the red lettuce, and this is a type of Chinese lettuce/cabbage.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment