Friday, 25 November 2011

Shapes of rice noodles....oh my

Yesterday I went to cook my 4 year old son his lunch. I was going to use rice noodles, but the shape of the noodles upset him. Apparently the shape I was showing him do not taste good.  He was crying over the noodle shapes and refused to eat them. So now, not only do I need to be creative and come up with meal ideas that are dairy, gluten, and soy free, I have noodles shape to throw in the mix.  The emotional explosions of a frustrated four year old are temporary. I still can't help but wonder...when will he start to cook his own meals? 

TIP - For those of you who are a kid at heart and like Kraft dinner, you can use the cheese sauce pouch that is gluten free and just add it to the rice noodles. There is dairy and soy free margarine out there from Earth Balance, and you can add almond milk or just use more margarine to help melt the cheese sauce. My son can handle traces of milk in his food, like modified milk ingredients. Anyone else who is like this, this might be an option.

Note: Many people who can't handle wheat also stuggle with eating dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment